One of the great things about coffee is that it can be combined with many desserts to enhance their flavour. The earthy flavour of coffee paired with desserts adds a whole new dimension to them. Tiramisu is one of the most popular coffee desserts. However, the ingredients required to make it may not always be available at home. If you want to make a quick dessert, without too many fancy ingredients try this 6 ingredient coffee cake! Cake is basically everyone’s favorite dessert, and it’s most likely you will always have these ingredients at your home.
*This recipe is for a single layer standard 8 inch (20cm) sized round baking tray
- 1 cup flour
- 1.25 tsp baking powder
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup soft margarine or butter
- 1 cup brown sugar or castor sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- 1.5 tablespoons Impulse Coffees instant coffee
For the icing:
- 2 cups or 225 gm icing sugar
- 3/4th cup margarine or softened butter
- 1 teaspoon Impulse Coffees instant coffee
- Mix 1 cup of softened butter with castor or brown sugar and mix until it blends together.
- Break your eggs in a separate bowl and whisk them well.
- Gradually add your egg mixture one spoon at a time to your butter and sugar mix. Keep mixing continuously.
- Add the flour and baking powder, one spoon at a time to this mixture and blend again.
- Add one tablespoon of Impulse Coffees NutKhat Hazelnut or Impulse Coffees Mocha pe Chauka to 1/1.5 tablespoons of water depending on the thickness and strength you prefer. If you want your coffee flavour to pack a punch, you can also opt for Impulse Coffees Raat Ki Rani Espresso. Add this mixture to the main ingredients and mix well.
- Add one or more teaspoon of milk if you want to change the consistency of the mixture (optional)
- Put this mix into your 8 inch size round baking tray and keep it at 160° convection in the microwave over 25 minutes.
For the icing:
- Mix icing sugar and butter and blend till you see stiff peaks in the mixture.
- Then add one teaspoon of Impulse Coffees Vichaar over Vanilla to water and create a concoction.
- Mix the coffee into the whipped icing sugar and butter thoroughly.
- Keep aside for 1 hour in your fridge to allow the icing to set.
- Spread as per your preference on the cake.
- Try different topping like walnuts or cocoa powder to elevate the aesthetic and flavour of your cake!
All of you baking enthusiasts must try the coffee cake recipe with Impulse coffees Gourmet Flavoured Instant coffees and we guarantee that cake will never be the same for you!
Impulse Coffee jars are now bigger! Shop from The Bade Miyan Collection and get your hands on our delicious flavoured coffees.
- Roashni Rathod
Leave a comment